The Little Mermaid Jr. Auditions
AT THIS TIME, AUDITIONS ARE CLOSED AND ALL CASTING IS COMPLETE FOR THIS PRODUCTION.
When: January 9th and 10th, 2018
Callbacks: January 11, 2017
Where: Buckeye Elementary School Music Room
3180 Columbia Rd, Medina OH 44256
Auditions are open to children 6-18 and will be in 45-min slots between 6-9PM.
Production Dates: Thursday March 29 – Saturday March 31, 2018
Medina High School Middle Stage
Directed by Chris Simmons
Music Direction by Michelle Hujar
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to complete the following:
- Fill out the Audition Form
- Take a Photo
- See the Rehearsal Calendar
- Read/Sign the BCT/FHYA Show Guidelines & Commitment Form
If you need to cancel your audition, please remove yourself ASAP from your audition spot on Sign Up Genius (where you signed up). If you have difficulty, please email the Director (email@example.com) for assistance.
Rehearsals and Conflicts
- Tentative Schedule for rehearsals for The Little Mermaid will be Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6-8:30pm. Music will be every Thursday.
- Not every cast member needs to be at all rehearsals, only when they are scheduled. If needed, we will increase the number of rehearsals per week as we get closer to the production.
- Please come prepared to list all conflicts beginning January 15-March 31, 2018. Conflicts include religious activities, vacations, graded school concerts or events, extracurricular activities, etc. Having a few conflicts will not prevent you from being cast, but a show is a commitment, and we will count on you!
- Please note that all practices beginning March 1, 2018 are MANDATORY (except for religious or graded school events).
Please prepare 18-36 bars of music in the style of the show – this is typically one stanza and one chorus (please do not sing a song from The Little Mermaid). Bring sheet music with you in the original key of the song, so our Music Director can provide accompaniment with clear markings where you will begin and end. A quick Google search will offer you a lot of song choices, and there are song books you can check out at the library.
Callbacks will be held Thursday, January 11th from 6-8:30pm. (Note: Not everyone who auditions will receive an invitation to callbacks. However, those who aren’t called back are still considered for the show). If you receive a callback, you will be given a packet to prepare for Thursday. Please be prepared to stay the entire time.
Location: Buckeye Elementary School Music Room, 3180 Columbia Rd, Medina OH 44256