- Location: Medina United Church of Christ (UCC) – 217 East Liberty Street, Medina OH 44256
- Tuition: $110
- Dates: February 4 – March 11, 2023
- Time: 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Instructor: Kimberly States
Musical Theatre Audition Techniques II Enrollment:
For students ages 8-17 who are either enrolled in private voice lessons and/or have completed more than 5 auditions. This class will focus on auditions for stage musicals, not films or plays.
Musical Theatre Audition Techniques II Objectives:
A review of audition techniques for the seasoned auditioner. During Week 1, students will each receive an individual (one-on-one) consultation on their goals and aspirations, this may include a vocal consultation if requested by the student OR if the student is not currently in voice lessons. Each student will choose a 32-bar audition cut song (with or without the aid of the instructor) to perform in class. They have the option to receive an accompaniment track for their performance if they do not already have one. Students will receive a take-home booklet that outlines class discussions. Each student will sing their song memorized in front of the class and the instructor during weeks 3-5. The instructor will offer feedback on their performance. During Week 6, students have the option to sing their piece once again in front of the instructor and the other students. Week 6 will conclude with a Question and Answer portion that may be attended by both parents and students.
- Week 1*: Individual 20-minute consultations for each student in both levels
- Week 2*: Review of audition techniques, audition lingo, how to find auditions, clothing choices, music preparation, resume layouts, headshots, different types of auditions, callbacks etc. NO STUDENT PERFORMANCES THIS WEEK
- Week 3: 6 student performances/coachings in each level. 10 minutes per student
- Week 4: 6 student performances/coachings in each level. 10 minutes per student
- Week 5: 3 student performances/coachings in each level. 10 minutes per student. The remainder of class time on the second performance of songs
- Week 6: Class time focused on the second performance of song. Q & A with students and parents
All piano accompaniment will be via recorded tracks.