- Week 1*: Individual 20-minute consultations for each student in both levels
- Week 2*: Introduction to proper audition techniques, audition lingo, how to find auditions, ice breakers, slating, clothing choices, music preparation, resume layouts, headshots etc. NO STUDENT PERFORMANCES THIS WEEK
- Week 3: 6 student performances/coachings in each level. 10 minutes per student
- Week 4: 6 student performances/coachings in each level. 10 minutes per student
- Week 5: 3 student performances/coachings in each level. 10 minutes per student. The remainder of class time on the second performance of songs
- Week 6: Class time focused on the second performance of song. Q & A with students and parents
All piano accompaniment will be via recorded tracks.
- Location: Medina United Church of Christ (UCC) – 217 East Liberty Street, Medina OH 44256
- Tuition: $110
- Dates: February 4 – March 11, 2023
- Time: 9:00 am – 10:00 am
- Instructor: Kimberly States
Musical Theatre Audition Techniques I Enrollment:
For students ages 8-17 who are either NOT in private voice lessons and/or have minimal audition experience. This class will focus on auditions for stage musicals, not films or plays.
Musical Theatre Audition Techniques I Objectives:
An introduction to audition techniques. During Week 1, students will each receive an individual (one-on-one) vocal consultation and will be assigned a 32-bar audition cut song to perform in class. They will receive sheet music, a melody track to aid in learning their song, and an accompaniment track for their performances. Students will receive a take-home booklet that outlines class discussions. Each student will sing their song memorized in front of the class and the instructor during weeks 3-5. The instructor will offer feedback on their performance. During Week 6, students have the option to sing their piece once again in front of the instructor and the other students. Week 6 will conclude with a Question and Answer portion that may be attended by both parents and students.